Potential Future Upgrades to Florida’s eFiling Portal?
The agency that runs the state courts system’s statewide electronic filing portal and The Florida Bar are going to work together to find — for a price — “value added” services for lawyers.
I must confess, it’s been so long since I’ve used the e-Filing Portal that I really thought a lot of these items were already features….. Is there one (or more) that stand out that you would really like to have?
Potential future options include:
• Providing access to dockets.
• Allowing access to images in court files.
• Offering subscriptions to certain cases that may be followed, including notifications when documents are filed in those cases.
• Offering “auto-fill” capabilities for certain types of document submissions, which will speed the filing process.
• Providing a search function to find similar type cases.
• Incorporating artificial intelligence into the portal to help filers.
• Setting up a search function so a user, in the My Cases section of the portal, can enter a case name and the remaining information will automatically be entered.
• Allowing a case’s service list to be downloaded into a word processing document.
• Giving easier access to official e-service addresses for government agencies.
• Allowing direct download of court filings.
You can CLICK HERE to read the full article on the Florida Bar’s website…