Lexis+ Tip of the Week: Shepardize or Compromize
LEXIS+ TIP: When you want to cite a case with confidence, turn to Shepard’s to validate your research. Shepard’s was developed in 1873 by Frank Shepard. It has been trusted by legal professionals for almost 150 years – longer than any other citator.
LEARN IT [short video]: https://youtu.be/
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE: Which 7th Circuit case criticized a holding in A&M Records v. Napster, Inc. 239 F.3d 1004?
- Shepardize 239 F.3d 1004 [search terms = shep: 239 F.3d 1004]
- Click the Shepard’s report “Citing Decisions” link at the top of the screen
- On the left, narrow by Analysis: Caution > Criticized by
- Narrow further by Court: Federal > 7th Circuit cases
- Review the list
- OR- Go directly there: https://bit.ly/3GoJXEy
ANSWER: In re Aimster Copyright Litig.
Let me know if you have any questions!