Job Opening: Legal Assistant / Paralegal – Workers Compensation – Fort Lauderdale
Salary: $50 and +
The legal assistant will assist defense attorneys and paralegals in the course of their work which often involves defending insurance companies when it comes to making payments on certain claims.
- Maintain attorney’s calendars, by scheduling deadlines, hearings, depositions, mediations and examinations under oath.
- Coordinating with judges, opposing counsel, client and other legal positions in case.
- E-Filing via E-Portal and E-Service to opposing counsel.
- Send settlement documents to opposing counsel, follow up and assure completion, file document with the court and send settlement agreement to the client.
- Ensures deadlines are met.
- Send subpoena’s, receive affidavits and invoices, processing when received.
- Request medical records, send invoices in house and to clients.
- Opening and closing files, release forms and follow up with opposing counsel.
For more information or to apply, please contact: