Job Opening: Legal Assistant – Labor & Employment Defense – West Palm Beach
Boutique firm in WPB, Fl seeks a Legal assistant to support partner with his caseload of labor & employment law defense, HOA law and general civil litigation.
- The legal assistant must have excellent communication skills; written and orally. Will be communicating with the partner’s clients by phone and by emails.
- Will communicate with the JA’s to schedule/change court dates.
- The legal assistant will know how to calendar, schedule and draft basic legal documents/forms.
- Must know how to file in state and federal courts.
- The legal assistant will have an understanding of the partner’s files and manage his desk and cases.
- Must be a self-starter/ thinker.
- The firm uses PerfectLaw so knowledge with that is preferred but not mandatory; basic case management software skills are required.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus but not mandatory.
- The legal assistant will not be responsible for entering attorney’s time, they have someone assigned to do that.
- Software: Office 365 and PerfectLaw
Hours are 8:30am – 5pm (8-hour day) 30 min lunch is standard, but they are flexible to take a 1 hr lunch.
- 15 personal/vacation/sick days a year
- 8 paid holidays
- Simple IRA -(vested after 1 year) firm matches up to 3% of contribution.
- HRA (health reimbursement agreement) is offered
The firm follows Covid-19 safety protocols. Office is spaced out and most people are vaccinated.
To apply or for more information, please contact:
Felice Solomon, President
Solomon Search Group