Job Opening: Legal Assistant – Ft. Lauderdale
Saavedra|Goodwin (est. 1988) is a boutique law firm representing the Corporate/Transactional, Real Estate, and Commercial Litigation interests of its long term clients. We are seeking a highly sophisticated and experienced Legal Assistant to work in our main Fort Lauderdale office.
The position requires the ability to:
- Perform administrative duties, such as client file management, general correspondence, expense reports, check requests, etc.
- Assist attorneys in drafting, proofreading, redacting, and editing various documents and contracts for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, format and content
- Assist attorneys with corporate transactions, including business entity formations/dissolutions, general corporate maintenance and organization
- Manage and input time for attorneys with accuracy and timeliness
- Assist with organization of client/project materials and maintain filing system for responsible attorney
- Schedule appointments, meetings and maintain calendars for attorneys
- Manage client lists and deadlines
Ideal candidates must have:
- Minimum 3 years legal assistant experience required, large law firm experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and a flexibility in handling multiple tasks at once, often under time constraints
- Ability to work in fast-paced, challenging work environment and to organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently, as well as effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage time effectively and maintain billing on a daily basis
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- At least some familiarity with corporate matters
We offer competitive benefit packages including: a profit sharing 401(k), annual bonuses, subsidized insurance premiums, and much more.
All resume submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
Saavedra|Goodwin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time