Job Opening: Geico – Paralegal 1 – Miami, FL
GEICO seeks a Paralegal to join the GEICO Staff Counsel office in Coral Gables- Miami, FL. A successful candidate will assist attorneys in defending civil litigation matters. Under general supervision, responsibilities are as follows:
- Drafting, reviewing and revising routine legal documents, which may include responses to discovery requests (including coordinating completion and signature by client) and routine discovery motions.
- Following up on the receipt of discovery responses.
- Maintaining relationships with attorneys, outside departments, courts, clients and third parties.
- Adhering to the GEICO Code of Conduct, the GEICO Claims Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
- Meeting attendance standards at business location to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with management and coworkers.
- Must be able to, with or without accommodation, perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to seeing, hearing, typing and speaking.
- Must work activities involving combinations of sitting, walking, kneeling, climbing, pulling, bending, lifting, carrying and standing for extended periods.
- Must be able to follow complex instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and have strong organization/priority setting skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- May need to obtain a notary license.
- Must have the ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
- Must hold a Paralegal Certificate.