Job Opening: Experienced Administrative Assistant – North Dade
The law office of Barry M. Snyder P.A. has 40 years’ experience representing a diverse range of clients including attorneys, doctors, ministers, priests, and rabbis. We love working in the community and helping kids who have been injured in accidents or got into trouble, guiding them into a better life.
We are a boutique personal injury firm in the North Dade area representing those who have been injured in auto collisions, slip and fall or trip and fall, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, boating accidents and medical malpractice cases. We give each of our client’s personal attention – they are not just another number to us. We are searching for an experienced administrative assistant.
- Competitive salary
- Bonuses based upon performance results driven
- Legal holidays off
- Pleasant working conditions
- Close to many retail shops and restaurants
We are seeking an experienced administrative assistant who is detail oriented, analytical, self-managing and motivated and has good people skills. Candidate should have at least several years of experience in administrative work. Our ideal candidate has been an insurance adjuster, or who has worked in an insurance agency, enjoys learning something new every day and can also manage the routine work that is essential to keeping our cases moving. Our candidate must be motivated to do the highest quality work!
We will be training the person in this position to open the file and interview clients and take the case from opening to getting medical reports, updating the client and having the client update us on his treatment with specialist – gathering his medical bills and reports and liens and keeping the attorney informed of the progress of the case.
You should also be familiar with the file and the client to be able to verbally explain to attorney the status of case and what needs to be done to get the case to demand and settlement possibly under direct supervision of attorney to negotiate and settle cases.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Opening office – closing office
- Interviewing clients
- Preparing correspondence and forms
- PIP applications
- Resolving property damage
- Retrieving medical records and bills
- Drafting demand letters
- Doing closing statements and getting bills and balances
- Client contact and relations
- File review and moving files to settlements
- Setting appointments
- Working and supporting litigation paralegal
- Use of computer mail software for stamps
- Scanning documents
- Taking messages
- Scheduling doctor appointments
- Using the internet for research and online items (e.g., records, stamps, police reports
Some of these tasks will need to be completed simultaneously, therefore our candidate must have impeccable attention to detail. The person we hire will be self-reliant and unafraid to ask questions.
You should apply if you can do all of the following:
- Strong work ethic and disciplined to work alone and be at work on time
- Good with math/numbers – being able to put together closing settlement statements
- Good command of Microsoft Office
- Good with internet skills and searching
- Conduct client interviews
- Assistance in answering phones and returning calls
- Dealing with medical providers in getting records and bills
- Good grammar and letter writing skills
- Good with numbers and basic bookkeeping (closing statements and cost cards)
- Must act and dress professionally
- Must have good references from former employers
We are looking for a full-time person but will consider part-time (minimum 25 hours) and flextime for a great candidate.
To apply for this position, please submit a detailed resume along with a cover letter telling us why you are looking for a new position as well as why you are the best candidate for this position. All responses will be kept strictly confidential. You can send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year