Job Opening: Corporate/Transactional Paralegal – Ft. Lauderdale
Saavedra|Goodwin (est. 1988) is a boutique law firm representing the Corporate/Transactional, Real Estate, and Commercial Litigation interests of its long-term clients. We are seeking a highly sophisticated and experienced Corporate/Transactional Paralegal to work in our main Fort Lauderdale office.
The position requires the ability to:
- Draft and review with the responsible attorney of legal documents with sophistication, complexity and accuracy, including operating, partnership and shareholder agreements, and purchase and sales of same
- Assist in handling all corporate formations/dissolutions and general corporate maintenance (including board minutes, completing stock transfers, applications for EIN and classification of tax status for business entities etc.)
- With the assistance of corporate CPAs, create and maintain corporate records reflecting the shifting capital accounts
- Perform research on novel issues as necessary and prepare memoranda summarizing conclusions
- Participate and/or lead meetings and teleconferences with clients
Ideal candidates must have:
- Minimum 15 years corporate Florida paralegal experience required, large law firm experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate
- Sound understanding of corporate legal concepts, terminology, and procedures
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines with a positive can-do attitude and calm presence under pressure
- Ability to handle complex multi-layer organizational corporate structures, and have a working understanding of differing corporate structures
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and a flexibility in handling multiple tasks at once, often under time constraints
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently, as well as effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage time effectively and maintain billing on a daily basis
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- At least some familiarity with taxation and/or probate matters would be welcome as well
We offer competitive benefit packages including: a profit sharing 401(k), annual bonuses, subsidized insurance premiums, and much more.
All resume submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
Saavedra|Goodwin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time