Job Opening: Commercial Litigation Paralegal – Miami
Mid-sized Litigation law firm is seeking an experienced Commercial Litigation Paralegal for their downtown Miami location. Position is open due to growth. Firm has excellent staff retention and pleasant office culture with very little turnover.
The Commercial Litigation Paralegal must have experienced with large complex, commercial litigation matters and heavy eDiscovery experience.
• Excellent case organizational and case management skills;
• Ability to obtain, review, summarize and index case records and documents;
• Experience in preparing and serving subpoenas and other discovery;
• Ability to organize and maintain discovery files, notice depositions, prepare deposition materials, exhibits summaries, and materials for experts;
• Ability to prepare drafts of basic litigation pleadings, discovery, and motions;
• Ability to work with databases and litigation software packages; i.e., Relativity;
• Experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point;
• Ability to assist with all aspects of trial preparation and trials;
• Ability to work and learn independently, meet deadlines, and interact well with attorneys, staff and clients;
• Knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules (both Federal and State);
• Experience with Florida State Court rules and;
• Proficient in e-filing in various federal and local courts;
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills;
• Ability to fact and legal cite check.
Education: Undergraduate degree and paralegal certificate required; will consider candidate with comparable relevant legal experience in lieu of a paralegal certificate.
Experience: Paralegal with 5 -10 plus years of litigation experience required.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels. Ability to organize and prioritize issues and workload. The ability to work on projects independently or with little supervision. Flexibility and ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities. Exercising independent judgment and initiative.
All jobs are fully “in office” unless stated otherwise within the job description.
Please let Felice know that you heard about the job from Linda at Perfectly Paralegal.
To apply or for more information, please contact:
Felice Solomon, President
Solomon Search Group
Have a job you’d like to list? E-mail all the details to: email@example.com