Job Opening: Commercial Litigation Paralegal – Ft. Lauderdale
Paralegal- Commercial Litigation (Fort Lauderdale)
Our client, a large national firm is seeking a seasoned commercial litigation paralegal. This person should have the ability to handle complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts. The successful candidate will be a team player and be able to maintain a high standard of service and leadership. Candidate should be able to flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist attorneys in preparation for depositions, motions, hearings, arbitration, mediation and trial.
- Must be able to monitor court dockets, comply with state and federal rules and regulations.
- Monitor and coordinate the exchange of exhibits with other parties.
- Conduct legal research, as well as factual research to identify relevant testimony and case documents, draft chronologies, locate potential witnesses, and provide other factual support for pertinent issues.
- Analyze all types of evidence, distilling relevant information needed to support case issues.
- Organize and synthesize information through the preparation of summaries, chronologies, reports, spreadsheets, charts, logs, and coding forms for input into databases, graphs and other usable formats.
- Draft and review routine legal documents, e.g. privilege logs, exhibit lists, interrogatories and responses to interrogatories, subpoenas, declarations, jury instructions and voir dire, certificates of service and bills of costs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Client service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 required, experience with Filesite a plus.
- Candidate should have experience in a variety of litigation support applications, including Summation, Concordance and Live Note.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- FRP required.
- 5+ years’ experience as a litigation paralegal in a mid to large sized law firm required.
- Experience with eDiscovery preferred.
Direct Line: (954) 603-9160
Office: (954) 796-3300
Cell: (954) 918-2184