Florida Bar News: Are you a Florida e-filing portal pro?
April 1, 2018
By Carolyn Weber
Florida E-Filing Portal Program Manager
Please CLICK HERE to read the complete article.
Carolyn reminds us of some important tips regarding the Florida e-filing portal:
• Black & White Is Best – The portal’s favorite colors are black and white, so check before you submit a file. If you try to submit a document in color, it’ll bounce to the Correction Queue for replacement.
• Stop Scanning – Scanning your document makes it unnecessarily huge and not searchable. Instead, computer generate it and save as a PDF or PDF/A for a smaller file that keeps your links and bookmarks.
She also reminds us of some recent updates, including:
• Update e-serving lists in bulk instead of one case at a time.
• See all fees broken down by payment method, filing ID, style of case, matter number, and more.
• Save your submission as a draft for up to five days with the new Workbench tool.
• Add people you often work with to your E-Service Favorites list, instead of searching and entering manually for each case.
Finally, there are some even more exciting changes in the works:
Soon, you’ll be able to file documents to multiple cases all in the same submission. We’ll also quit asking for the number of pages in each file, because we know it’s annoying.
I will continue to scan my documents for 2 reasons. First, scanning removes the metadata without my having to do it on my own. Second, I can make it searchable, and it takes less than a few seconds to do it.
My big pet peeve is people who don’t remove their name from the e-service list once they are no longer involved in the case. It’s not hard to do.