About Perfectly Paralegal
Perfectly Paralegal Resources (“PPR”) is owned and operated by Perfectly Paralegal Consulting, Inc. This blog was first set in motion in early 2010 and started as an e-mail newsletter. It grew over time and soon it had outgrown the e-mail newsletter capabilities and the website was born. PPR aims to provide paralegals and other legal professionals with information on free and low cost educational opportunities, career resources including job listings, practice tips, rule/fee change information and other practice resources.
Linda has been a paralegal since 1997 and currently works as a litigation department in the Risk Management department at Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. (since May 2015) She previously worked at Arnstein & Lehr from October 2010 through May 2015 and prior to that at Pardo & Gainsburg (f/k/a Zarco & Pardo), where she worked from August 1997 through October 2010. Linda specializes in products liability, wrongful death and medical malpractice defense.
In addition to working as a paralegal, Linda also owns Perfectly Paralegal Consulting, Inc. and organizes and hosts the annual Paralegals Navigating Perilous Waters cruise conference along with other local events and resources!
Perfectly Paralegal Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/perfectlyparalegal/
Linda’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/lmcfrp
Listen via the link below or find us on your favorite podcast app including iTunes, iHeartRadio, Stitcher and more.
Perfectly Paralegal (our main group)
Paralegals Off The Clock – Perfectly Paralegal (this is our casual group for vents & goofing off)
Education & Certification
- National Juris University, Masters in Legal Studies
- Barry University, Bachelor of Liberal Studies – Paralegal Studies
- Barry University, Legal Studies Undergraduate Certificate Program
- Barry University, Certificate – Legal Studies
- Miami Dade College, Associates, Secondary Education
- Florida Registered Paralegal (active since 2008)
- NALA Certified Paralegal (Active since 2007)
- NALA’s Advanced Certified Paralegal
- Discovery (10/2007)
- Trial Practice (11/2008)
- Social Security Disability (04/2010)
- eDiscovery (04/2015)
- Entity Medical Liability (05/2015).
Maryland Association of Paralegals
- June 28, 2018: Topic Presented: The Anatomy of a Trial Binder
Central Florida Paralegal Association
- May 19-21, 2017: 2017 Annual Spring Fling. Topic Presented: The Anatomy of a Trial Binder
- April 27-29, 2018: 2018 Annual Spring Fling. Topic Presented: Paralegal’s Role at Trial
Institute for Paralegal Education
- January 17, 2013: Managing the Discovery Process: A Paralegal’s Guide. Topic presented: Managing e-Discovery and Discovery Problem Solving – Circumventing Snags in the Process.
- April 30, 2013: Trial Preparation from Start to Finish for Paralegals. Topic presented: Creating a Trial Notebook and Succeeding at Trial.
- July 11, 2013: A Paralegal’s Guide to Case and Document Management. Topic presented: Overview of Federal Rules Relating to Calendaring and Case Management and Managing Case Tasks and Deadlines (to successfully handle multiple cases simultaneously)
- November 13, 2013: Managing the Discovery Process: A Paralegal’s Guide. Topic presented: Managing e-Discovery and Discovery Problem Solving – Circumventing Snags in the Process.
Broward Chapter, Paralegal Association of Florida
- June 5, 2013: The Anatomy of a Trial Binder
- June 8, 2013: e-Discovery Basics
- April 26, 2014: What Paralegals Should Know About LinkedIn
- April 26, 2014: Adobe Acrobat: How To Use Important Features
Miami Dade College
- October 1, 2013: Paralegal Career Success Seminar
- April 2, 2013: Paralegal Career Success Seminar
- March 13, 2012: Paralegal Career Success Seminar
Paralegal Knowledge Institute
- February 2013: Paralegal’s Role at Trial – 6 Hours
- March 2012: Paralegal’s Role at Trial – 4.5 Hours
- November 2011: Paralegal’s Role at Trial – 8 Hours
Articles & Interviews
7 Signs You Should Consider Pursuing a Paralegal Career, Rasmussen College, 09/2018
Getting the Most out of Networking at Paralegal Conferences, Paralegal Voice, 08/2018
How Hard is it for a Paralegal to Land a Job at a Good Firm?, LawCrossing, 05/2014
Adobe Acrobat Quick Tips, Institute for Paralegal Education, 04/2014
Interview with Linda McGrath-Cruz, Career Colleges, 02/2013
What job interview question keeps you up at night?, Jennings Wire, 03/2013
Recharging Your Professional Development, The Briefs – OCBA (Print Magazine), 01/2013
Is your head in The Cloud?, Paralegal News – Northwest Florida Paralegal Association, 01/2013
The ABC’s of Paralegal Designations, The Legal Pad – Marion County Legal Support Association, 01/2013
LinkedIn Premium Insider, LinkedIn, 10/2012
Rule Changes, The Bulletin – DCBA (Print Newspaper), 10/2012
Is your head in The Cloud?, Legal Support Journal – Florida Association of Legal Support Specialists, 09/2012
The ABC’s of Paralegal Designations, The Broward Brief – Broward Chapter of Paralegal Association of Florida, 05/2012
The ABC’s of Paralegal Designations, SideBar – St. Petersburg Association of Legal Support Specialists (SPALSS), 05/2012
The ABC’s of Paralegal Designations, The Bulletin – DCBA (Print Newspaper), 05/2012
The ABC’s of Paralegal Designations, The Briefs – OCBA (Print Magazine), 05/2012
Is your head in The Cloud?, The Bulletin – DCBA (Print Newspaper), 03/2012
Is your head in The Cloud?, The Paralegal Society, 12/2011
Discovery: an itty bitty primer for litigation challenged paralegals, KNOW – The Magazine for Paralegals, 10/2011
The Anatomy of a Trial Binder, KNOW – The Magazine for Paralegals, 06/2011
Paralegal Membership in Local Bar Associations, The Bulletin – DCBA (Print Newspaper), 03/2011
Unauthorized Practice of Law, SFPA’s Legal Journal Newsletter, 01/ 2011
Paralegal Membership in Local Bar Associations, The Briefs – OCBA (Print Magazine), 01/2011
Unauthorized Practice of Law, Minnesota Paralegal Association’s Website, 12/2010
Unauthorized Practice of Law, The Bulletin – DCBA (Print Newspaper), 10/2010
Paralegal Certification, The Daily Business Review (Print Newspaper), 08/2010
Past Association Positions
Linda was an active member of the Dade County Bar Association from 2008 when they first began accepting paralegal members until June 2013. She was the Inaugural Vice-Chair of the DCBA’s FRP Committee for the 2010-2011 committee year and Chair of the FRP Committee beginning in 2011 through 2013. Linda was also recognized as a Contributing Author to The Bulletin in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Linda was an active member of the Miami Dade Legal Support Association from 2011 through 2013. In 2012 Linda became Chair of MDLSA’s brand new Scholarship Committee. As Chair, Linda designed the application forms and process, created the target distribution list for the application packet, and was responsible for all aspects of the application process.
Linda was an Advisory Council Member of the Paralegal Knowledge Institute and The Organization of Legal Professionals from 2011 to 2013. During that time, she was also an instructor for the Paralegal Knowledge Institute and taught her Paralegal’s Role at Trial program numerous times.
- Certificate of Merit, Vice Chair, DCBA Florida Registered Paralegals Committee, 2010-2011
- Certificate of Merit, Contributing Author, Dade County Bar Association Bulletin, 2010-2011
- 2012 Paralegal Superstar, Paralegal Gateway
- Certificate of Merit, Chair, DCBA Florida Registered Paralegals Committee, 2011-2012
- Certificate of Merit, Contributing Author, Dade County Bar Association Bulletin, 2011-2012
- Certificate of Merit, Contributing Author, Dade County Bar Association Bulletin, 2012-2013
January 2011, Linda was featured in the “I am MDC” advertising campaign for Miami Dade College. The campaign features alumni who went on to be successful in their field of study. Linda was featured in three newspaper advertisements and you can see the pictures of two of the newspapers by clicking HERE.
February 2012, Linda was profiled on The Paralegal Mentor’s website. You can learn some interesting things about her from her Paralegal Profile by clicking HERE.