Job Opening: Paralegal / Legal Secretary Hybrid Position – Miami
Downtown Miami Business and Commercial Litigation Law Firm is seeking a Legal Assistant (Paralegal/Legal Secretary Hybrid) who can provide administrative and legal/clerical support. Legal Assistant will work with attorney(s) during all phases of litigation process (inception through trial and post-trial and appeals).
- Provide support for attorney and/or paralegals with knowledge of format, procedure, and specialized terminology relevant to the area of law/practice area.
- Manage attorney calendar on a daily basis (including making attorney appointments, phone calls, emails, filings, and deadlines.
- Manage attorney and paralegal communications
- Organize and prioritize attorney emails and phone calls
- Must take initiative
- Communicate effectively with attorney(s) AND paralegal(s)
- Must be familiar with online research or other research tools; Must conduct legal research requested by attorney(s)/paralegal(s)
- Prepare materials, such as correspondence, manuscripts, minutes, pleadings, petitions, real estate and finance documents, and general forms (Transactional)
- Print, scan, organize, transcribe and/or distribute documents upon request and/or coordinate with local vendor to arrange copying/binding
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements for attorneys, paralegals, and/or clients
- Assist with special projects when needed
- Submission of legal filings, including ECF (Litigation)
- Establish, develop and maintain and update filing system for the attorneys
- Sort and distribute mail
- Draft written responses or reply by phone or email when necessary; respond to regularly occurring requests for information
- Complete check requests and expense reports
- Organize documents and coordinate document productions.
- Bates-stamping, redaction, duplication and indexing of documents.
- Set up and maintain files which may be organized chronologically, numerically and/or by subject matter.
- Work on electronic productions. Categorize documents by subject matter and prepare a chronology of facts and create production charts.
Additional Paralegal Duties:
- Prepare witness and matter materials for case preparation.
- Organize interview memos and other relevant documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Prepare for and attend depositions.
Gather and prepare documents relevant to the deponent, organize exhibits, take notes and handle exhibits during the deposition. Review transcripts to summarize highlights of a proceeding.
- Motion practice.
- Pull relevant documents,
- Proofread/Edit/Revise papers
- Organize exhibits
- Create document indices in the preparation of motion filing.
- Court filings.
- Work with attorneys and the Managing Attorney’s Office in the preparation and filing of all court documents.
- Create, bind and distribute both file and courtesy copies. Organize the briefs, exhibits and appendices.
- Prepare for and attend trials.
- Organize exhibits, files and all other supporting documents.
- Coordinate trial set-up and logistics.
- Assist attorneys in the courtroom by taking notes, handling exhibits, and marking documents referred to by counsel.
- Assist in the preparation of witness testimony and serve as liaison between trial attorneys and in-house staff.
Transactional items include:
- Assist attorneys to prepare integral corporate documents/materials.
- Work with lawyers to prepare all documents required to form corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies in any state.
- Assist lawyers in the preparation of documentation for amendments, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions of corporations, partnerships and/or limited liability companies.
- Assist lawyers with the completion of stock certificates. Complete franchise tax forms for lawyer review.
- Create and maintain corporate minute books.
- Work directly with attorneys and clients during closings and corporate transactions.
- Provide lawyers with assistance in the preparation for and closing of various corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and initial public offerings.
- Assist with SEC Filings.
- Work directly with lawyers to prepare SEC filings with regard to securities offerings and respond to the requirements of the Securities Acts of 1933 and 1934 filings.
- Prepare/conduct UCC Filings/Searches.
- Assist lawyers in the preparation and filing of UCC filings and handle UCC filing search requests in all states.
- Work with Internal Revenue Service.
- Assist with the completion and filing of SS-4 Forms with the IRS for the purpose of obtaining Employee Identification Numbers (EINs) for corporations, partnerships and/or limited liability companies.
- Assist attorneys with real estate documentation and closings
- Draft closing documents, including loan agreements, notes, security deeds and mortgages, estoppel certificates, buy-sell agreements, indemnification agreements, releases, collateral assignment documents, participation agreements, subordination agreements, non-disturbance and attornment agreements, guarantees, leases, financing statements, affidavits, closing memoranda, closing statements, lien waivers, etc.
- Order and analyze title examinations, review exceptions to titles, prepare necessary documents to correct or clear title.
- Order and analyze surveys, prepare and review legal descriptions.
- Coordinate closing logistics; prepare closing checklists; oversee execution of documents and recordation of appropriate documents; organize complex transactional files.
- Coordinate post-closing follow-up including recording documents, wiring funds, obtaining necessary cancellation documents, organizing and indexing files and overseeing preparation of closing documents binders.
QUALIFIED Candidates please send resumes in WORD or PDF format to: email@example.com