Job Opening: Med Mal Defense Legal Assistant – West Palm Beach – Billing, Cochran, Lyles, Mauro & Ramsey
Prominent West Palm Beach Law Firm is seeking a Legal Assistant for our Medical Malpractice Defense department. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Medical Malpractice or Insurance Defense Litigation.
Responsibilities may include:
- Organize and maintain files
- Assist in trial preparation
- Draft correspondence and legal documents
- Proficient knowledge of all State and Federal Court Procedures, e-filing procedures and deadlines for specific tasks assigned i.e. filing discovery
- Call clients, witnesses, lawyers, and outside vendors to schedule interviews, meetings, and depositions
The candidate must be:
- Flexible with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced litigation environment.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and strong work ethic
- Able to perform a variety of administrative duties such as scheduling, filing court documents, etc.
- Able to prioritize and identify urgency as well as manage time and multi-task effectively.
- Have ability to work as a team member and independently handle various tasks.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package. Applicants should send their resume to HR@bclmr.com