Job Opening: Legal Assistant – Moore & Co. P.A. – Coral Gables
Moore & Co., a Coral Gables maritime law firm has a full-time position available for a Legal Assistant to provide support in the litigation and transactional departments.
The legal assistant will work closely with the litigation paralegal and supervising attorney. Some of the responsibilities are listed below.
- Review of incoming pleadings; docketing of deadlines in CompuLaw (Vision) docketing system; distribution to counsel and client(s), as necessary.
- Finalizing of pleadings and electronic filing in the appropriate court;
- Assistance with responses to discovery, etc…
The legal assistant will work closely with the supervising attorney and transactional paralegal on all aspects of closing transactions involving purchase/sale of yachts. Some of the responsibilities are listed below.
- Assistance with coordination, organization and verification of documentation received from third parties, which are necessary to complete the closing;
- Assistance with communications with banking institutions to ensure accurate funding is received, and is available in a timely manner.
- Coordinate integrated work processes conforming to a tight timeline, to ensure accurate documentation is obtained for transaction closing.
Required Skills and Background
- Three-five years of relevant experience in a law firm setting;
- Knowledge of Local and Federal Court Rules of Procedure, as well as e-filing;
- Experience with CompuLaw docketing software is preferred, but not required;
- Ability to work in a time-critical environment and respond to multiple priorities and demands;
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who will assist us in providing quality legal services to our clients. The Firm offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com