About Linda’s Paralegal Resources
Linda’s Paralegal Resources (“LPR”) is owned and operated by Perfectly Paralegal Consulting, Inc. This blog was first set in motion in early 2010 and started as an e-mail newsletter. It grew over time and in March 2012 it had outgrown the e-mail newsletter capabilities and the website was born. LPR aims to provide paralegals and other legal professionals with information on free and low cost educational opportunities, career resources including job listings, practice tips, rule/fee change information and other practice resources.
Linda has been a paralegal since 1997 and currently works at the Miami office of Arnstein & Lehr, one of the country’s oldest and most respected law firms. Linda has been with Arnstein & Lehr since October 18, 2010. She began her paralegal career at Zarco & Pardo, which later became Pardo & Gainsburg, where she worked from August 1997 through October 2010. Linda specializes in products liability, wrongful death and medical malpractice defense.
- Certificate of Merit, Vice Chair, DCBA Florida Registered Paralegals Committee, 2010-2011
- Certificate of Merit, Contributing Author, Dade County Bar Association Bulletin, 2010-2011
- 2012 Paralegal Superstar, Paralegal Gateway
- Certificate of Merit, Chair, DCBA Florida Registered Paralegals Committee, 2011-2012
- Certificate of Merit, Contributing Author, Dade County Bar Association Bulletin, 2011-2012
- Certificate of Merit, Contributing Author, Dade County Bar Association Bulletin, 2012-2013
- Barry University, Bachelor of Liberal Studies – Paralegal Studies
- Barry University, Legal Studies Undergraduate Certificate Program
- Barry University, Certificate – Legal Studies
- Miami Dade College, Associates, Secondary Education
January 2011, Linda was featured in the “I am MDC” advertising campaign for Miami Dade College. The campaign features alumni who went on to be successful in their field of study. Linda was featured in three newspaper advertisements and you can see the pictures of two of the newspapers by clicking HERE.
February 2012, Linda was profiled on The Paralegal Mentor’s website. You can learn some interesting things about her from her Paralegal Profile by clicking HERE.
Institute for Paralegal Education
- January 17, 2013: Managing the Discovery Process: A Paralegal’s Guide. Topic presented: Managing e-Discovery and Discovery Problem Solving – Circumventing Snags in the Process.
- April 30, 2013: Trial Preparation from Start to Finish for Paralegals. Topic presented: Creating a Trial Notebook and Succeeding at Trial.
- July 11, 2013: A Paralegal’s Guide to Case and Document Management. Topic presented: Overview of Federal Rules Relating to Calendaring and Case Management and Managing Case Tasks and Deadlines (to successfully handle multiple cases simultaneously)
- November 13, 2013: Managing the Discovery Process: A Paralegal’s Guide. Topic presented: Managing e-Discovery and Discovery Problem Solving – Circumventing Snags in the Process.
Broward Chapter, Paralegal Association of Florida
- June 5, 2013: The Anatomy of a Trial Binder
- June 8, 2013: e-Discovery Basics
Miami Dade College
- October 1, 2013: Paralegal Career Success Seminar
- April 2, 2013: Paralegal Career Success Seminar
- March 13, 2012: Paralegal Career Success Seminar
Paralegal Knowledge Institute
- February 2013: Paralegal’s Role at Trial – 6 Hours
- March 2012: Paralegal’s Role at Trial – 4.5 Hours
- November 2011: Paralegal’s Role at Trial – 8 Hours
Association Memberships and Positions:
Linda is currently a member of the Paralegal Association of Florida and their Broward Chapter. She became an official member in February 2013 after attending numerous events as a non-member. Linda spoke at the Broward Chapter’s June 5, 2013 Dinner Meeting on the topic of trial binders and at their June 8, 2013 Saturday Seminar on the topic of e-Discovery.
Linda has been a Florida Registered Paralegal with The Florida Bar since the programs inception in 2008. She successfully completed NALA’s grueling Certified Paralegal Exam in 2007 and has gone on to complete several of NALA’s Advanced Certified Paralegal programs in Trial Practice, Discovery and Social Security Disability.
Linda was an active member of the Dade County Bar Association from 2008 when they first began accepting paralegal members until June 2013. She was the Inaugural Vice-Chair of the DCBA’s FRP Commitee for the 2010-2011 committee year and Chair of the FRP Committee beginning in 2011 through 2013. Linda was also recognized as a Contributing Author to The Bulletin in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. Linda’s membership was up for renewal in 2013 at which time she opted not to renew and also resigned her position as Chair of the FRP Committee.
Linda was an active member of the Miami Dade Legal Support Association from 2011 through 2013. In 2012 Linda became Chair of MDLSA’s brand new Scholarship Committee. As Chair, Linda designed the application forms and process, created the target distribution list for the application packet, and was responsible for all aspects of the application process. Linda’s membership was up for renewal in 2013 at which time she opted not to renew and also resigned her position as Chair of the Scholarship Committee.
Linda was an Advisory Council Member of the Paralegal Knowledge Institute and The Organization of Legal Professionals from 2011 to 2013. During that time, she was also an instructor for the Paralegal Knowledge Institute and taught their Paralegal’s Role at Trial program numerous times.